Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

How good is the "Tutus that Dance" seminar? Here is what one of last years students has to say.

Last year Linda came all the way from Perth, Australia to attend the Tutus that Dance seminar in Las Vegas. This is what she had to say about her experience.

"I had started to fall in love with tutu making about a year before the seminar when my daughter needed a tutu for her first solo and I discovered Tutus That Dance’s fabulous patterns.  Whilst the information I had already learnt from online sources had helped me make several tutus, I knew that an opportunity to learn tutu construction in person, from experts, would provide an opportunity to accelerate my learning and help me achieve the results I wanted much faster.  Suzanne and Dani are both excellent instructors, fun, patient and so very generous with their extensive knowledge.  With a backdrop of Las Vegas, a great venue at Suncoast for sewing and dining as well as a fabulous, friendly group of attendees ranging from fellow beginners to accomplished costume creators, every element worked together to make this an amazing, inspirational and fun experience.  I came away from the Tutu Seminar with new skills, new friends, great memories, two very full suitcases stuffed with tutus and the inspiration that comes from meeting others who are already living your dream.  I can’t wait until I can come back!"

Here are some of the beautiful tutus Linda has made. using the knowledge she gained at the seminar.
Linda made this stunning tutu for her daughter to wear at ballet competitions.

This traditional tutu is made from Suzanne's pattern

Linda also learnt to make headpieces at the seminar.

Lydia, Linda's beautiful daughter, with a medal from a Perth ballet competition.
Stretch classical tutu made from velvet lycra, using one of Dani Legge's patterns.

3 comments:

  1. Your tutus and patterns are perfect! I will get to your seminar one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Talina, hope you can make it sometime. Vegas is hot but hotel air conditioned ( in fact quite chilly at times) and has a pool, a cinema

      Delete
  2. A large number of techniques relating to motivation will be shared. Demonstration and advice on proper warm up, stretching, cool downs and physiotherapy are scheduled from fully qualified individuals. For information visit Our Website website.

    ReplyDelete